A10 joins forces with leaders RSA, Arista, FireEye, FlowTraq, IBM Security, Ping Identity, Pulse Secure, Symantec, Vectra, Venafi, Webroot and more to help stem the rising tide of cyber security threats
SAN JOSE, Calif. and BROOMFIELD, Colo – October 15, 2014 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a technology leader in application networking, unveiled the A10 Security Alliance, an ecosystem of leading security and networking companies that are working together to help mitigate threats and automate security operations. By validating interoperability with products from leading security vendors, the A10 Security Alliance has developed specialized solutions for data centers that deliver critical best-of-breed security capabilities required to detect and eliminate advanced threats; lower data breach expenses, and reduce the cost of security operations.
The A10 Security Alliance empowers organizations to solve today’s top security challenges with integrated and tested solutions. A10 Thunder Series products, in conjunction with A10 Security Alliance members’ products, offer solutions covering SSL visibility to detect advanced threats, authentication for federated security and single-sign-on, automated SSL certificate management and protection, threat and URL intelligence for effective policy decisions, and more.
“To combat cyber threats, organizations must develop an integrated defense that incorporates attack protection, forensics, authentication, visibility, and more,” said Mr Raj Jalan, Chief Technology Officer at A10 Networks. “The A10 Security Alliance provides an ecosystem of validated and integrated solutions that helps our customers architect secure data centers and improve efficiency.”
- SSL Inspection and Scaling Partners – A10 Thunder ADC, using SSL Insight technology, can decrypt SSL traffic at high speeds, enabling RSA Security Analytics, FireEye Threat Prevention Platform, IBM QRadar Incident Forensics, and Vectra X-series to inspect encrypted traffic at high speeds to uncover threats in encrypted traffic. Pulse Secure’s Connect Secure solution – combined with A10 Thunder Application Delivery Controllers – enables customers to load balance multiple SSL VPN gateways, maximize uptime, and ensure optimal and uninterrupted user access.
- Authentication Partners – A10 Thunder ADC integrates with authentication and identity management solutions, such PingFederate, enabling organizations to centrally manage authentication for all of their web applications in a federated SAML model to control access to cloud-based applications and support single sign-on.
- Certificate Management and Protection Partners – A10 Networks has partnered with Symantec and Venafi to secure and automate the management of SSL certificates and keys, eliminating downtime and improving security operations.
- Intelligence Partners – Using the Webroot BrightCloud Web Classification Service together with A10’s SSL Insight feature, customers can analyze and secure SSL traffic while bypassing communications to sensitive sites such as banking and healthcare applications.
- Advanced Detection and Analysis Partners – The A10 Thunder TPS’s advanced traffic-shaping expertise, integrated with FlowTraq’s high-volume network traffic analysis capabilities yields one of the industry’s fastest automated DDoS mitigation solutions.
- Programmatic Security Control Partners – A10 and Arista Networks have collaborated to deliver an integrated solution for DDoS mitigation. In the event of a DDoS attack, an Arista network switch can instantly route network flows through an A10 Thunder TPS appliance, reducing the time to mitigation from minutes to seconds.
For additional information, please visit www.a10networks.com/securityalliance
Supporting Quotes from A10 Security Alliance Members
“RSA has collaborated with A10 Networks to deliver two-factor authentication and to provide SSL visibility to RSA customers,” said Mr Jim Ducharme, Vice President of Engineering and Product Management, RSA The Security Division of EMC. “By integrating with RSA® Authentication Manager, A10’s application delivery controllers can offload CPU intensive authentication processing and help prevent unauthorized access to applications, while A10’s SSL Intercept technology is engineered to enable RSA® Security Analytics’ customers to inspect SSL traffic for complete network visibility.”
“Arista’s EOS (Extensible Operating System) and 10/40/100 GbE cloud networking solutions combined with A10’s scalable application delivery and DDoS protection products, offer customers a software-driven, integrated network architecture,“said Mr Ed Chapman, Vice President of Business Development, for Arista Networks.
“To eliminate zero-day exploits and advanced targeted attacks, FireEye customers must have complete visibility into all traffic, including encrypted traffic,“said Ms Ruby Sharma, Senior Manager of World Wide Strategic Alliances at FireEye, Inc. “FireEye has partnered with A10 Networks to eliminate the SSL blind spot in corporate defenses and scale network security. As a member of the A10 Security Alliance, FireEye can demonstrate interoperability between the FireEye Threat Prevention Platform and A10 Thunder ADC.”
“FlowTraq has selected A10 Networks to take our network traffic security capabilities one step further,” said Dr. Vincent Berk, CEO of FlowTraq. “When FlowTraq detects that your critical services are under attack, FlowTraq informs the A10 Networks Thunder TPS device through its API of the attack type and the intended target. Thunder TPS then redirects the malicious traffic to itself, and forwards the cleaned traffic back in the network.”
“Organizations rely on QRadar Incident Forensics to retrace security events and discover what happened when and how. To investigate incidents, our customers must have full visibility into all network traffic, including SSL traffic,“said Mr Kevin Skapinetz, Director of Strategy and Product Marketing, IBM Security. “IBM Security has collaborated with A10 Networks to provide a validated solution for SSL inspection and incident forensics. Working together, IBM and A10 are helping to deliver the solutions required to combat today’s advanced threats.”
“Data breaches are putting businesses in real danger, and at the same time cloud services and mobility are redefining what identity security is and how it is achieved,“said Mr Patrick Harding, CTO, Ping Identity. “We are pleased to be a member of the A10 Security Alliance, which brings together important technologies to secure datacenter environments in the enterprise and infrastructure-as-a-service.”
Pulse Secure (recently formed independent company from the acquisition of the Junos Pulse business from Juniper Networks)
“Our customers need to deliver persistent, uninterrupted access to resources to mobile users,“said Mr Jeff Green, Pulse Secure senior vice president of product development and customer service. “A10’s load balancing and high-availability capabilities combined with our secure mobility solutions delivers a scalable SSL VPN solution, allowing customers to increase the overall capacity and reliability of their mobile infrastructure.”
“Organizations rely on Symantec’s SSL certificates to protect information and assure customers of their authenticity,“said
Mr Tom Powledge, vice president, Information Security at Symantec. “Through the integration of our Certificate Intelligence Center and A10, we are pleased to now provide support to A10’s rapidly growing customer base with Symantec’s best-in-class SSL services to help increase operational efficiency, maintain business continuity, and mitigate security and non-compliance risks.”
“We are pleased to join the A10 Security Alliance and further the joint development and integration from our relationship with A10 Networks,“said Mr Mike Banic, VP of Marketing at Vectra Networks. “Program membership validates our combined solution so customers can improve their ability to detect any phase of an attack on their networks, including attacks hidden in SSL traffic. Being part of this program also enables joint sharing of APIs and continued development on future offerings around detection and blocking of attacks for customers.”
“The new A10 Security Alliance offers enterprise customers an ecosystem of leading security systems that were tested for interoperability,” said Mr Kevin Bocek, VP of Security Strategy and Threat Intelligence of Venafi. “Venafi is pleased to join the Security Alliance as a member of the partnership. This aligns well with our mission of securing and protecting our customers’ keys and certificates so that they can’t be used in cyber-attacks by criminals and nefarious actors.”
“We are excited to join the A10 Security Alliance and offer joint customers an integrated solution for SSL inspection and web classification,” said Mr Scott Merkle, Vice president of enterprise and OEM sales at Webroot. “Webroot BrightCloud Security Services, combined with A10 Thunder ADC, enable organizations to intercept and inspect SSL traffic while satisfying compliance and privacy requirements.”
# # #
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks is a leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit ww.a10networks.com