Security is no longer just a problem for a few individuals but rather a problem involving more and more people
MUMBAI, India – February 16, 2016 – ESS Distribution, the leading provider of IT security solutions in Indian market, today announced the latest trends for 2016 revealed by ESET’s Research Laboratories. With the on-going advances in technology and the rapid growth in the number of connected devices to the internet, more and more people are at risk of experiencing or being targeted by a cyber-attack. This will apply to all types of businesses, industries and sectors. Consequently, security is no longer a concern for a small number of people – increasingly it is something that which every smart user have to think about.
Zakir Rangwala, Country Head at ESS Distribution, official distributor of ESET products in India, said: “It is important for every smart user to understand the security trait and a challenge for Businesses, Enterprises and Governments to improve data security. ESET researchers predict trends of 2016 by constant monitoring of the security landscape right from Mundane to the most complex matters. We believe that, it is possible to protect business data by combining technology, management and education.”
Trends for 2016:
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and the interconnectivity of all things: For the near future, IoT’s role will become increasingly significant for those businesses that consider information security as one of the keys to maintaining their business operations
- The evolution of ransomware which has changed its focus from blocking files to attacking complete devices: The challenge is not only to detect and block or remove such attacks, but also to ensure the continuing availability of information
- Targeted attacks and cyber espionage as potential ‘weapons of the future: In the last few years, a series of attacks categorized as APTs (Advanced Persistent Threats) has been reported. When this terminology is used, it means that we are not talking about ordinary malware campaigns, which are intended to spread as widely as possible, but about attacks with a more specific objective.
- Globalization of crimeware and massive campaigns, with the fight against cybercrime as a key element: 2016 will present new security challenges, but also a more active and organized front in the fight against cybercrime
- Haxposure, the risk of corporate data exposure and its implications
- The next steps in mobile security and future defense strategies: As smartphones and tablets increasingly offer services that process sensitive information, such data are becoming a more attractive target for cyber attackers.
- The new security and privacy features of Windows 10
- Critical infrastructures with exposed systems, and industries – such as healthcare – becoming the targets of attacks
- Personal data protection laws from around the world and the need for joint efforts among governments, companies and users
- The landscape of cyberthreats to children and young people on the web: sexting, grooming and cyberbullying
On the whole, the number of devices and technologies keeps growing as well as the challenges people face to keep their information secure. Therefore, it is important to emphasize the role of governments and security agencies to enact laws that support the safe and secure development of new technologies, by defining standards and rules to respect privacy, and by developing effective critical infrastructure.
And although this might seem rather difficult to achieve, experts at ESET strongly believe that it is possible to protect users and companies by combining technology, management and education in order to achieve the desired protection levels.
# # #
About ESS Distribution & ESET
Since 1987, ESET® has been developing award-winning security software that now helps over 100 million users to Enjoy Safer Technology. Its broad security product portfolio covers all popular platforms and provides businesses and consumers around the world with the perfect balance of performance and proactive protection. The company has a global sales network covering 180 countries, and regional offices in Bratislava, San Diego, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
In India ESET products are exclusively supplied and supported by ESS Distribution Pvt Ltd. The sales of ESET products are executed through the Channel Partners across India. For more information, visit: www.esetnod32.in