IP67 grade weatherproof and rust-resistant metal casted housing access point ideal for most challenging business environs
NEW DELHI, India – July 21, 2016 – Edimax Technology, a leading provider of premier networking solutions, today launched OAP1750 a premium outdoor Wi-Fi solution with high speed AC1750 for top performance. Wall or pole-mounted design and industrial-grade build combined with user-friendly operation and extensive features; make an ideal high-performance dual-band solution for demanding day-to-day enterprise operations.
Indian enterprises are increasingly adopting WLAN to focus on mobility, IoT, big data, cloud etc. Also, there is a push from Govt of India for the demand for network infrastructure investment by initiatives such as eGov & Digital India. The higher speed, better scalability of 802.11ac has proved to be an advantage to enterprises that want to handle a growing number of Wi-Fi enabled devices in their network and run applications such as voice over Wi-Fi, video conferencing or streaming video. According to the recent research by MarketsandMarkets, global Wi-Fi market is projected to reach USD 33.6 Billion by 2020.
Sanjay Joshi, Country Manager at Edimax Technology said “OAP1750 is designed to meet the growing enterprise demand for outdoor high-speed connectivity and to deliver best-in-class performance, reliability at competitive price. In addition to outdoor applications, it can be installed in environments where challenging and harsh conditions exist. This AP is easy to install, built for heavy usages. It is an exceptional choice for service providers, small to mid-size retail businesses, school, colleges, libraries, hotels, manufacturing plants, airports, industrial automation facilities and venue owners looking to quickly deploy reliable outdoor Wi-Fi networks in environments such as stadiums, parks.”
The OAP1750 outdoor access point features the latest 3 x 3 IEEE 802.11ac technology for concurrent dual-band wireless speeds up to 1750Mbps. the Edimax Pro series has a wide range of potential applications from office environments to schools, campuses, hotels and hospitals. Multiple SSIDs can be configured for different departments or user groups and a built-in RADIUS server provides additional verification with a scalable AP array architecture for central management of multiple access points. High-density capacity for up to 100 simultaneous clients ideal for BYOD workplaces or other environments with a high volume of clients and wireless devices and fast roaming allows for seamless transitions between multiple access points. Power over Ethernet support (PoE) and an intuitive web-based management interface provide deployment flexibility and extensive management options for company MIS departments and network administrators.
- 802.11AC Dual-Band High Speed: IEEE 802.11ac concurrent dual-band with 1750Mbps wireless speed
- Rugged Construction: IP67 weatherproof and die-cast aluminum, corrosion resistant enclosure, salt, fog, rust ASTM B117 weather shield to survive the most challenging environments
- Industrial Grade: operating temperature -40°C (-40°F) to 70°C (158°F)
- Designed for High Density Usage: Supports up to a hundred users simultaneously, ideal for crowded environments and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workplaces
- Multiple SSIDs for Security Management: Supports up to 32 SSIDs (16 x 2.4GHz & 16 x 5GHz) ideal for multiple departments, user groups, customers or guests
- Fast Roaming: Roams smoothly between APs without lag or interruption, ensuring top performance for video and voice streaming applications
- Wide Coverage & High Sensitivity: Adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity for wide coverage across large spaces
- Seamless Mobility: 1.5x greater coverage than typical APs for blanket coverage to ensure seamless connectivity for Wi-Fi devices across enterprise environments
- Power over Ethernet: Supports IEEE 802.3at PoE
- Built-In RADIUS Server: With management for up to 256 user accounts
- Business Outdoor Environments: Advanced choice for high-performance applications. Suitable for a wide range of commercial applications such as across university campus, stadiums, outdoor malls, hotels and alongside rivers, highways, railways and others
- Central Management: Edimax Pro Network Management Suite (NMS), easy and Intuitive web-based central management suite, supports AP array architecture
To know more click here.
Related Photographs: Click Here
# # #
About Edimax Technology
Edimax Technology is dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of smart networking solutions. Since Edimax was founded in 1986, the company has grown to be among the world’s leading manufacturers of advanced network communication products. Edimax is headquartered in Taiwan (Republic of China) and has been listed at the Taiwanese Stock Exchange since 2001. In 2003, Edimax was ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 certified. Edimax’s product portfolio fulfills the needs of any networking and IP surveillance architecture or application requirements. To know more, please visit www.edimax.com