IP65 rated weatherproof housing to withstand rugged outdoor conditions and meet the demand of the increase large-scale network
NEW DELHI, India – September 28, 2016 – Edimax Technology, a leading provider of premier networking solutions, today launched OAP 900 an IP65 rated weatherproof housing Wi-Fi solution for modern businesses. A wall or pole-mounted design and industrial-grade build quality combined with user-friendly operation and extensive feature set, make an ideal high-performance solution for demanding day-to-day enterprise operations.
Instant and reliable internet is no longer a luxury for universities and colleges, it’s a necessity. With colleges, corporate campuses, government institutions, city centers, bus stand, industrial work zones, hotels extending their outdoor networks to meet demand for continuous Wi-Fi coverage in harsh conditions is a challenge. Specifically built for outdoor use, OAP 900 has an IP65 weatherproof housing that protects it from dirt, rain and other harsh conditions.
“Designed to perform in extreme environments, OAP 900 is a powerful outdoor PoE access point featuring an IP65-rated waterproof and dustproof housing that can withstand unforgiving outdoor climates as well as indoor industrial environments. It delivers a high speed connectivity up to 900Mbps making it an replacement for traditional Point to Point or PTMP links. It also has application for campus/short distance radio links up to 5 kms which demands a high throughput in modern era.”
“OAP900 is having 2 x PoE Ethernet port, 1 x PoE out port which can be used to connect any passive PoE device to power up such as IP Camera. With such a feature set, it is an ideal solution for business which demand outdoor wireless hot spot networks and access points are exposed to sunlight, extreme cold, frost, snow, rain, hail, heat, and humidity.” said Sanjay Joshi, Country Manager at Edimax Technology.
Featuring state-of-the-art IEEE 802.11ac wireless technology OAP 900 delivers giga-fast Wi-Fi speeds modern business environments demand and 5GHz coverage for maximum flexibility to mobile-centric business productivity applications. Additionally Edimax Pro series products feature other high-performance design features such as solid capacitors for significantly longer lifespans than traditional non-solid alternatives, generating less heat and delivering increased stability. With adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity, OAP 900 is equipped to provide wide coverage for businesses connected and differentiate user groups, departments or guests with up to 32 separate SSIDs with independent security. In addition, rogue access point detection feature can identify any unauthorized SSIDs which may have been installed in an otherwise secure network with malicious intent, and L2 wireless isolation provides wireless security.
- 802.11AC High Speed: IEEE 802.11ac with 900Mbps wireless speed
- Easy Installation: Wall-mount or pole-mounted design with easy installation kit
- Designed for High Density Usage: Supports up to fifty users simultaneously, ideal for crowded environments and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workplaces
- Multiple SSIDs for Security Management: Supports up to 16 SSIDs ideal for multiple departments, user groups, customers or guests
- Fast Roaming: Roams smoothly between APs without lag or interruption, ensuring top performance for video and voice streaming applications
- Wide Coverage & High Sensitivity: Adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity for wide coverage across large spaces
- Seamless Mobility: 1.5x greater coverage than typical APs for blanket coverage to ensure seamless connectivity for Wi-Fi devices across enterprise environments.
- Power over Ethernet: Supports Passive PoE and Passive PoE out
- Built-In RADIUS Server: With management for up to 256 user accounts
- Central Management: Edimax Pro Network Management Suite (NMS), easy and Intuitive web-based central management suite, supports AP array architecture
To know more click here.
Related Photographs: Click Here
# # #
About Edimax Technology
Edimax Technology is dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of smart networking solutions. Since Edimax was founded in 1986, the company has grown to be among the world’s leading manufacturers of advanced network communication products. Edimax is headquartered in Taiwan (Republic of China) and has been listed at the Taiwanese Stock Exchange since 2001. In 2003, Edimax was ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 certified. Edimax’s product portfolio fulfills the needs of any networking and IP surveillance architecture or application requirements. To know more, please visit www.edimax.com